As Holiday Home Insurance Specialists, CBI can arrange a policy for you that covers a holiday home in the UK and many countries abroad.

Holiday Home Insurance

Holiday Home Insurance Specialists

We all dream of having that special place in the sun or by the sea that we can escape to. Whether it’s for weekends away with the family, or longer holidays with your partner, owning a holiday home in the UK or abroad is the stuff of dreams. As with any major investment, you can protect your asset by obtaining suitable insurance. That’s where we can help. CBI can arrange a policy for you that covers a holiday home in the UK and many countries abroad.

What is Holiday Home Insurance?

In exactly the same way that you have buildings and contents insurance on your primary property, second home insurance (also referred to as holiday home insurance in the UK) provides cover for an additional property that is not used as a full-time or permanent residence. It doesn’t matter whether your holiday home is just for your own use or it is let out to paying guests.

What should your insurance policy include?

Insurance policies can provide you with cover against accidental damage storm and flood as well as fire and theft. Public Liability cover is included so that you can be shielded against an insured claim brought for personal injury or damage to a third party’s property.

What about holiday homes in the UK?

Not everyone chooses to buy a holiday home abroad, across the UK there are thousands of properties that are a special hideaway for families needing that special break away from it all. We’re here to help you take care of your investment, with insurance cover for your holiday home. Talk to us and we can help you get the cover that’s right for you.

Do I need holiday insurance for letting?

One way of making your holiday home pay its way is to let it out to paying guests on short term holiday lets. Depending on your property’s location, you could be looking at a considerable return on your investment, especially during peak season. A holiday let can deliver a healthy extra stream of income, not just enough to cover the overheads.

However, it is essential that you have the right insurance cover for your holiday let. Remember it is likely that the home will be unoccupied for long periods during the winter so you need to know that the insurance cover is still in place in case the weather takes a turn for the worst. You must ensure all your paperwork is in order, and that includes appropriate liability insurance. We can even help you find property cover to help protect your home from accidental damage caused by holiday tenants during rental periods.

Holiday Home Insurance1
Holiday Home Insurance3
Holiday Home Insurance4

Our Policies Cover...



Accidental Damage


Malicious Damage

Loss of Rent



Public Liability

Optional Additional Cover

Loss of Keys

Cover for loss of keys and caravan lock replacement

Legal expenses

Cover including disputes between caravan site owners and residents


We know how important it is  to get the right cover, we take the time to ensure you get insurance that meets with your expectations.


With over 21 years of experience arranging insurances for clients, giving you complete confidence in our service.


We provide solutions for difficult-to-place business, we’re confident we’ll be able to provide the cover you need.